Friday, May 01, 2009

Important things I did today

1. Got out of bed.

2. Ate bacon and pancakes prepared by my husband.

3. Showered.

4. Wore capris for the very first time this year. (That's a momentous day in Seattle, not unlike the first frappuccino of the year.)

5. Enjoyed a frappuccino (not the first of the year, but this was definitely the warmest day of the year so far...but never fear, rain & 50's returns for the weekend, of course).

6. Treadmilled. (Important note: do not try to run while watching the cab/police chase in The Fifth Element. Just skip to the next chapter.)

7. Sitting on my arse contemplating what to have for dinner.

8. Just had conversation with husband about how Nordstrom has canceled their first store in Alabama. Cannot imagine living anywhere that didn't have a Nordstrom. Not that I ever shop at Nordstrom, unless their having a shoe sale and I can purchase online. I don't know why I'm talking about this.

9. Mentally preparing packing list for weekend getaway to Fairhaven. We're staying here:



Mostly because the room looks like this:


And so when it inevitably does this:



I can park on that window seat with the blankie and read my book and magazines while cramming my cake hole with this:


Which are oh so conveniently within walking distance from the inn.

You know you're old when....

You look forward to a weekend away during which you will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

No comments: