Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm bringin' blogging back. Yeah!

My sister, the fabulous and talented star of Cursing in Heels, recently harassed me to do NaNoWriMo with her. The thing is, I like to make ridiculous excuses like: How can I possibly be expected to devote a month to writing a novel when we are heading into the holiday season? (FYI I have no children, only a couple relatives live close enough to gather, and, frankly, I don’t like Thanksgiving food.)

I had the thought that maybe I should try a baby step by at least blogging again and see where that goes. And instead of just the usual blogging blah blah, come up with actual, ya know, topics!

I’m no good at the focused sort of blogging, like my hero, Laurie Ruettimann, does with Punk Rock HR. Yes, I am HR. Deal with it. I’ll defend my honor at a future date. But I can’t commit 100% to the topic of HR…or to a tattoo, or a paint color for my bathroom, or a signature scent, or what I really want to be when I grow up. Story of my life.

So, diversity of topics is where I’m at. Except I can’t actually think of one right now, so I’ll just warm up my blogging muscles with another edition of:

Here’s What I Think!
(Because I realize that my vast fanbase has been experiencing cliff hangeritis for the past six months.)

I think that spicy chai from Café Ladro is particularly awesome.

I think that people who complain need to start bringing solutions. It’s a package deal, like dating someone with children. (Um okay, not really like that at all.) Want to bitch? Then bring an idea with your rant. Otherwise, shut it. (I apply this to myself as well since I fail miserably at it.)

I think that my horoscope for today is really accurate (ergo stupid, according to the voice in my head). It reads, in part: Think things through rationally, and try not to let your desire to be liked limit your options. Right, stop laughing.

I think that Las Vegas is the happiest place on Earth, and I can’t wait to get there in November.

I think I need a Twitter intervention.

I think that my Twitter habit is merely a manifestation of my constant need to have conversations with myself. (It’s genetic, I can’t help it. Ask my sister.) Talk it through, talk it through.

I think that women need to stop wearing sweats that say JUICY on the butt. Juicy-butt sweats are horrible and evil and the root cause of both the recession and the Housewives shows on Bravo. (Or something like that.)

I think that life is really, really difficult right now, and maybe we should cut each other some slack. (Except for Balloon Boy’s parents.)

I think it’d be really fantastic to be an inter-planetary archeologist. If you know anyone with whom I could schedule an informational interview, I’ll send you this Cheesecake Factory gift card I found at the bottom of my purse. I’m sure it still has at least $6.92 on it.

I think that Firefly is one of the greatest TV shows ever made , and I don’t understand why people didn’t watch it. Meanwhile, a show like Drop Dead Diva gets a second season.

I think it’s frightening that I know what Drop Dead Diva is, let alone being aware of a second season.

I think that apple cider donuts are the greatest donut creation in the history of forever and likely fall under the What Would Jesus Do? umbrella.

I think that if I were 14 years old, I would be on Team Edward. But I’m not 14 years old, so I’m sick of this Twi-crap.

I think that I’m bound to offend somebody.

I think I’m the only person I know who doesn’t have an iPhone or Crackberry. I think I would really like to have an iPhone, but I think I need a bigger paycheck to swing that.

I think that HR gets a bad rap, but I think it’s also deserved. I think I’ll blog about that sometime. But I think I’m really good at it.

I think I need to figure out why I’m so uncomfortable proclaiming that I’m really good at HR.

I think I’m going to make some tea and eat a cookie (or two).

5 comments:

Vikki said...

I think you should give me your spicy chai latte and your cookies!!!

Vikki said...

oh, and how do I find you on Twitter? I don't Twitter normally because it makes me feel like a stalker, but it's okay if I stalk you.

Amy said...

I'm Amy_said on Twitter. I started using it like crazy last week when I had piggy flu. I downloaded Tweet Deck first. It's the only way to make Twitter somewhat useable, as you can watch your main page plus follow any topics by setting up columns for those. You can watch Facebook through it, too.

Unknown said...

You are so awesome it hurts. You know this, right?

Amy said...

Sweet! I am thrilled to be considered painfully awesome, especially by you!