Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Fake American just doesn't get it

So the McCain campaign has spent $150,000 on shopping sprees for Sarah Palin, plus a $4,000 haircut.

Maybe since I'm a Fake American, I am impaired to a point of not being able to understand how much money the McCain campaign spends on their wimmen-folk to make them palatable to that Real American demographic.


According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.


Mmmmmkay.

So my question is this: Why does she still look like a mall rat? Or is it just because I’m a liberal elitist America-hater that I don’t get it? I’m sure that must be it since Seattle is no doubt on the McCain-Palin Fake America map.

And by the way, anyone who hasn’t seen The Daily Show’s brilliant report on Real America vs. Fake America from Monday night’s show, go to their site RIGHT NOW. Watch the Jason Jones report from Wasilla as well.

4 comments:

Vikki said...

$150K for those clothes??? It looks like she hit a BOGO sale at Dress Barn!!!

I must go watch that episode of Daily Show. I never get to see it since it's on way past my bedtime.

Amy said...

Yes, she's definitely Fashion Buggy. But, as you and I are well aware, c'est ALASKA!

Do download the Monday ep. You shall once again be *hearting* Jon Stewart.

Elizabeth said...

Hello there Amy. Ya I'm just watching you guy's election stuff from the sidelines. I don't profess to know much about it, but this gal has rubbed me wrong from the first time I saw her. She looks like her flesh toned panty hose are too tight or something.
And that kind of spending in these kind of times...hmmm a preview of coming days I suspect.

Amy said...

Elizabeth, count your lucky stars that you can watch this from the sidelines! If I have to sit through one more commercial break of McCain ad - Obama ad - McCain ad - Obama ad...followed by Palin saying "gosh darn" and "snow machine" I'm going to eat the television.