Sunday, July 20, 2008

the bluest skies you've ever seen

...are apparently in Seattle!

Summer has finally settled in, and I have to say, as I do every year, that it's really difficult to find a better place to live when the weather gods cooperate.

Case in point, I took some visiting friends from Scotland down to Pike Place Market on Friday. No rain and not too hot so one could enjoy a leisurely stroll without melting to death.

Not only did the usual assortment of produce impress, but the lavender vendors all had fresh lavender. So lovely! My lavender is in full, fragrant bloom right now as well. If only I could somehow coax the bees to leave me some of their lavender honey, I'd really be living well.

Before heading back to the car on Friday, we stopped at the street window for Three Sisters Bakery so I could buy some pain au chocolat and blueberry scones, and my friend bought a huge challah loaf. Which we later consumed half of along with my mother-in-law's raspberry jam. Just standing around my kitchen cramming carbs in our cake holes. I'm hard pressed to think of a better way to spend the afternoon.

No comments: