Sunday, February 24, 2008

Good things

It is finally here.



Roman Art from the Louvre

http://seattleartmuseum.org/



I've been waiting for this for MONTHS. I must be patient and wait a few weeks, as it'll be more enjoyable once the crowds die down (as much as they ever die down around here).



Also good: Sonrisa Modern Mex at U Village, where we ate for lunch. Have now developed a terrible addiction to their tortilla chips served fresh out of the fryer. (Fat grams don't count on Sundays.)



Always good: Target and Old Navy! February be damned, I am snatching up spring apparel deals where I can find them. And how happy am I that spring scarves are in? Not that I wouldn't wear them anyway since I'm always cold, but they're awfully difficult to find when they're not in favor. The timing is excellent because, since our HVAC has been "repaired" at work, the air conditioning runs ALL THE FARKING TIME in my office. Even when it's 33 degrees outside. Awesome.



Probably not good: The Oscars. Who cares, right? Everything comes out on DVD next month anyway, so why watch it and risk the spoilers. I'll never forgive Kevin Spacey for uttering, "I am Kaiser Soze" when accepting his Oscar, and I hadn't seen the film yet.



Very good: I finally found a light fixture for the dining room (okay, corner) to replace the hideous "chandelier" installed by the previous owners.



Trying to pretend it's good: Tomorrow is Monday. Woe!

No comments: