Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I was being ironic!"

I find myself in a terrible dilemma. Tuesday evenings...do I watch The Biggest Loser or American Idol?

For the past few weeks, I've been watching The Biggest Loser whilst parked on my arse stuffing my face with Milanos and/or chips and salsa. (Oh come on, like I'm the only person who stuffs her face while watching other people sweat their stuff!)

But last night began the American Idol "live" episodes. What to do, oh WHAT TO DO?? NBC and Fox even had the commercial breaks synched at the exact same time.

One could say, "DVR!" Well see, I'm the only person in America who doesn't have digital cable. Also, I never watch recorded programs, except for Project Runway, which is, of course, the Holy Grail of reality TV. If I don't catch something during the original broadcast, I just won't watch it. I don't know why, it's just the way it is. I always find something to suck my brain, even if there's nothing else on (CSI marathons on Spike, how I love thee), so I always forget about recorded programs.

I had to make a choice. A difficult choice. I have made a pact that I will stick with The Biggest Loser until American Idol becomes manageable in number. I resent American Idol for making me watching more than once per week anyway. I have terrible commitment issues when it comes to television.

EXCEPT, during the only unsynched commercial break, I discovered there's some totally hawt British Aussie guy on American Idol! Sacre bleu! First, how does a British guy get on American Idol? Second, how did a hawt, presumably heterosexual, guy get on American Idol? Third, he's a totally hawt British Aussie guy, so who cares how he got on!
Luckily, I have another week before I have to make this choice again. I requested counsel on this issue, but all I received was a half-grunt amidst the noise of Grand Theft Auto.

Tonight's gem: Project Runway reunion! Oh sweet caterwauling. Let the fur fly!

2 comments:

Vikki said...

Oh, shazbot, you're speaking of that hot aussey guy on American Idol. He is so dang beautiful, he actually makes me feel sick. Honestly, I don't know what he's doing there. Apparently he used to front some band called The Rising, but they tanked. I actually found myself sweating while he was singing. I'm thoroughly convinced he loves me.

Amy said...

I was such a dork, I had to You Tube him since I kept hearing about Bohemian Rhapsody. And of course he loves you. Who wouldn't?