Thursday, February 21, 2008

McAuliffe Park




Clearly, I'm completely addicted to Daily Photo blogs now. So it gave me an idea about finding the lovely, unique attributes in my daily rounds. Problem is, like most people I work all day in a business park and have little opportunity (or weather favor) to take photos.

Plus, there are two very fine Seattle Daily Photo blogs already in existence. Then there's the minor detail that I don't actually live in Seattle!

So in my first exercise to banish winter (if only psychologically) I have borrowed two photos of McAuliffe Park from the City of Kirkland website. McAuliffe is a lovely little spot (once spring has sprung) near my bland business park that used to be a private residence and nursery, but, thanks to living in a place with above-average intelligence, City of Kirkland purchased the old homestead and turned it into a public park. Yay them!


1 comment:

Vikki said...

Oooooh....It's so very SUMMER in those pics! I want to sit on that rock right by that little pond in some capri pants and $5 Old Navy flip-flops and eat ice cream!! ARGH! Me HAAAAATES THIS! Filthy winter!!!!!