Tuesday, November 11, 2008

in absentia

I haven't posted in a while because...well, I have nothing interesting to say.

And the morons at Verizon farked up our phone on Friday afternoon, so I was without DSL all weekend. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, never having been through detox before. I survived remarkably well (if you don't count the package of chocolate chips cookies and half a bottle of merlot), but I had grave concerns about my husband. I may as well mount a laptop stand to his neck. I believe he was even in bed by 9:00 pm on Friday because he didn't know what to do with himself if he couldn't download Formula One videos.

So really, this meant I had the TV all to myself for the entire weekend since he functions on the laptop in front of his face, TV in the background mode of entertainment.

And here I thought I was the reason he spent the evenings in front of the TV. Just so we could have together time. Nope, 'tis the laptop.

That's okay. We've been together for 15 years, and he bought me M & M's and cake this weekend. After all these years, he still knows the way to my heart. And TV is much more fun when he's not complaining about my watching Celebrity Rehab or The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Rock on.

Meanwhile, my incredibly talented sister is NaNo'ing. But I figure she can hire me as The Gatekeeper once she's a rich and famous published author.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Did you sew your own clothes and learn to make butter?
I was without internet once for 2-3 weeks when we first moved in. Oh ya, no phone either. I felt like Little House on the Prairie.

Vikki said...

Awwww....that's so swee-

Hey, wait! Buttering me up will NOT get you out of guest blogging, missy!

And, OMG, when we first moved into the house, we didn't have cable or internet for almost three weeks. It was so weird! I felt so disconnected from the world. But it forced me to listen to NPR and read. It actually wasn't that bad...the days felt much simpler.

Of course, once we got cable I went right back to my former self! Hey, the new season of Project Runway was on AND we now had a DVR! I'm not made of wood, people!

Amy said...

Who knew that churning butter was such excellent exercise!

Oh well, at least it wasn't a lengthy power outage. That always results in having to take all our meals at the hospital cafeteria. No one should have to suffer that.

Oops, I totally spaced on the guest blogging! Ummm...ummmm.... Maybe my new desktop HappyLite will ignite my brain waves.

And really, if you didn't watch Project Runway, I'd know there was something seriously wrong with you!