Friday, November 28, 2008

what was I thinking??

Yes, I did go shopping this morning. No, not at 4 am or even 6 am. I got to Kohl's somewhere around 9 am. It was crowded, but didn't seem TOO terrible. I found some good stuff on sale for The World's Most Awesome Nephew and got ready to head to the checkout...and then realized that the line was halfway back into the store. Errr, no. I'd rather pay full price than stand in line for an hour. Really, people, what is your time worth?

So I shoved everything back onto the shelves! I did go into Target, which wasn't bad at all. Very crowded, but since the people who run Target actually have brains and had all the lanes open, it was no problem getting through there since I could use the express lane.

Then I managed to keep my tradition of buying more Christmas presents for myself than I do for anyone else. After hitting the "free mimosas while you shop" deal and walking away with decor I didn't really need, I also managed to acquire a new scarf, top, and jacket from another boutique I really didn't need to enter! The jacket is wool jacket and only 60 bucks, so I couldn't not buy that. Everyone knows I need to find a Scarfaholics Anonymous group since I can't ever NOT buy cute scarves when I find them. Plus, if I already had a jacket and a scarf, I needed a top, too, right?

Thanksgiving went fine. As soon as all the "I'm the expert" conversations started up between my grandma and her brother & his wife, I downed one glass of wine and was nearly through my second glass by the time we sat down for dinner! And bless my uncle's wife, she did make a pumpkin pie but also made a trifle. Not normally my favorite type of dessert, but since she makes hers with creme caramel in addition to the whipped cream and makes her own sponge cake, I was all over that! Although it was almost too pretty to eat since the top was perfectly decorated with kiwi, strawberries, and pomegranate seeds.

I said almost!

I really should clean now, but I think I'll go park my fat ass on the sofa and watch Celebrity Rehab instead!

No comments: