Sunday, November 30, 2008

important things I did today

Got out of bed.

Ate French Toast (from leftover sourdough not used for stuffing) and bacon (just because every fridge should be stocked with bacon).

Went to Target.

Ate M & M's while Christmasifying the living room. Easy job since I never have a tree.

Went downtown with hubby.

Showed hubby every handbag I ever wanted or could ever want in the future at every shop we could never afford.

Toured gingerbread lane at the Sheraton.

Drank ubiquitous peppermint mocha.

Silently mocked shoppers at Barney's since everything in the window looked like the same thing one would find at Urban Outfitters.

Dragged hubby through Anthropologie.

Purchased Christmas gifts at Watson-Kennedy (tres francais!).

Admired beauty-full Christmas decorations.

Saw brilliant shirt that nephew needed in kids' shop at Post Alley. Appeared at first to be an AC/DC shirt but lettering was AB/CD. Discovered that 3T shirt was 40 bucks and decided that what would only be amusing to a grown-up was not worth 40 bucks.

Pined over clothing and shoes in Alhambra window.

Ate lunch/dinner (it was 3:30ish) at McCormick & Schmick's. Had to order apple cider mojito from holiday cocktail menu just because. Sounds like a weird combo but was YUMMY.

Have been sitting on ass since returning home. Can't believe the long weekend is already over. Boo.

3 comments:

Vikki said...

Aw, man...you got me all excited about the AB/CD shirt. But $40???? You can get a real AC/DC shirt at Target for $6. Kid clothes are the ridiculous!

PS. Your peppermint mocha...give it to me.

Ray Veen said...

With a holiday schedule like that, how did you ever manage to find the time to blog?

Amy said...

Hands off my peppermint mocha! It is MINE.

It's true, V, my holiday schedule is just busy busy busy, what with my vast array of admirers (co-workers) inviting me to all the seasonal galas (sending me emails about broken doors or complaints about their benefits), but somehow I still find the time for the simple things in life like blogging. Call me well-balanced (caffeinated and/or intoxicated).