Friday, June 06, 2008

curses!

Whilst groggily driving to work this morning, I dared look at the temperature gauge.

FORTY-SEVEN degrees. In June. It is dumping buckets on us as it is. The rain is bad enough, but 47 degrees?? We don’t expect it to be sunny all the time in June. It’s usually a fairly wet month. But it’s at least 70-ish. Somebody please send in the Marines. I need to be evacuated to Vegas.

And to top it off, our cable has been out for two days. It doesn’t matter that there’s nothing to watch now. It’s merely the principle of the thing. It’s in the 40’s, it’s pouring rain, and we have no cable.

Hello, this is America. Isn’t it my birth right to be a couch potato between the hours of 7 and 10 pm when it looks like November in June? I’m sure it must be in the Constitution. Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and cable TV. No, wait. Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, cable TV, and Target. Look it up.

I am swiftly running through my Netflix queue as a result. But sometimes you really don’t want anything more than America’s Next Top Model reruns while you surf the Nordstrom semi-annual sale.

Anyone who knows us (meaning our vast – and I mean VAST – fanbase) will note that my sister is blogging about running a 5k this weekend whilst I am blogging about couch potato’ing. Kindly keep the compare/contrast comments to yourselves. I’m having lentil soup and baby carrots for lunch, and I declined a donut this morning. What more do you want from me?

Nerd Alert!
In other news, I discovered last night that the Alliance Francaise in the U District has Scrabble parties every Friday and alternating Sundays. SWEET. I can easily geek out over Scrabble in English, but Scrabble in French has me in geek nirvaaahhhnnnaaahhh.

No comments: