Wednesday, June 11, 2008

save me

Today's headline in the Seattle Times:

Seattle Weather: Colder than Siberia!

And to depress us even more, they showed a map with temps from Siberia, Alaska, and Seattle. Thanks, dudes. That rocks.

So my movie marathonage continues in order to keep myself distracted from eating everything in the house and/or beating myself with a shoe until sufficient brain damage occurs so I don't even notice the weather anymore.

Last night I watched Fin Août, Début Septembre. I found it to be a fairly typical French character piece with some questionable editing, but since Mathieu Amalric was a very cute pup 10 years ago, it was worth the viewing for me. He was excellent in it, but it could possibly be wearing on anyone else who doesn't share my penchant for offbeat acteurs français.

Tonight I watched Look Both Ways. LOVED THIS FILM. I'm not even sure how it ended up on my queue, if by Netflix rec or if I found it in the paper during the year-end Best Of movie lists. It's a wonderful little film. I wasn't too sure about it at first because it's basically about people with various problems, and I typically don't like wah-wah-kvetching movies, but this wasn't like that all. And it's an Australian film, so the bonus is that you don't get a subtitle headache from it! It's one of those films that makes you lament that more films aren't made like it.

And now I must finish laundry. Oh yes, turn green with your envy of me!

No comments: