Monday, June 16, 2008

ma vie en rose

My car is dead. As in D – E – A – D. As in had to be towed to the dealer dead. As in there shouldn’t be a damn thing wrong with it because it’s only four years old, and I drove it all day yesterday without incident, but apparently it has PMS, so it refused to start and wouldn’t even go into gear to move it out of the garage kind of dead.

And this, my friends (my vast readership), is because my life is awesome.

But I am wearing new shoes, and it’s above 70 degrees for the first time in an era, so yay me.

You know what would be even more awesome is if they can’t fix my car today, and I have to ride into work with my husband tomorrow morning. My husband who leaves for work at SIX FREAKING A.M.

BlargaBlargaBlarga

And I forgot my iPod at home. I was rushing so much once the tow truck left in order to get my silly arse together before a friend came to pick me up for work that I forgot the iPod. How am I supposed to get through the workday without my tunes, yo!

So I’m streaming KCRW. They’re super cool when one lacks an iPod.

Oh Sweet Jesus, my car will be ready this afternoon. I’m sure this is a greater relief to my husband than to me. He knows how incredibly well I function in the morning (something on par with a Kraken), and I’m sure he was really looking forward to commuting with me.

So there goes $290 to the Nissan dealer. That’s an awfully expensive car wash.

No comments: