Saturday, June 28, 2008

Save the Chocolate

All of a sudden it's HOT here. We go from one extreme to the other. First it was crappy. Then we had some beautiful days this week in the mid-70's. And now it's supposed to be in the 90's for the next few days (and humid!).

When we got home from the farmer's market this morning and the house was already stuffy, I thought "Holy crap! My chocolate!" My glorious stash of chocolate that I collect and that I received for my birthday is on the verge of disaster. I lost my entire chocolate stash last summer when it hit 90 degrees outside, as it only takes a few hours before it's 87 degrees in the house. That's not a healthy environment for chocolate! And putting it in the fridge makes it too cold so it gets weird.

Then my husband had the genius idea that I should put it in the wine cellar (the dark little crawl space under the stairs in which one can find wine, air mattresses, and Christmas decorations). So I sprang into action and cleaned all chocolate out of the cupboards and relocated it to the wine cellar. Disaster averted!

I'm feeling much better about life now. Except I have to clean the bathrooms.

No comments: