Friday, June 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas, baby!!

My sister (aka Cursing in Heels) and I are going to Vegas, baby! I can't even begin to describe how fabulously excited I am about this.

True, we don't go until the end of September, but so what! Bellagio awaits. I know many people think Vegas is incredibly cheeseball. But those people simply have never stayed at Bellagio.

When you can't afford to fly to and/or stay at a true luxury resort beyond the continental U.S., you go to Bellagio (if you're smart). Plus, I scored us a free night at the Westin to start the trip so we don't have to pay crazy-ass Saturday night rates! And I even figured out how to find the cheaper Bellagio rates. They hide them, silly bastages. But I know their tricks.

Yes, that would be me who rocks.

And combined with my favorite cheap-eats locales, we'll be set! We can be posh without spending a lot of dosh. And, most importantly, lounge in the best pool area evah whilst reading trashing magazines, gossiping, and refusing to do anything remotely productive.

Sweet! I can feel the sun already (well, sort of...it may take a while for my frozen, vampiric skin to remember what that big ball of fire in the sky actually is)

Plus, this meets one item on my Celebrate the Last Year of My Thirties list. Vacation! (Okay, so that's always on my annual agenda, but I think I should do something extra-special in recognition of the last year of my 30's. Like go into Christian Louboutin in Vegas and . . . well, all I can actually do is try something on, but that's sporting.)

No comments: