Tuesday, March 25, 2008

good news day

Good news item #1
I went to Target on my lunch break today and bought SANDALS! Lovely, summery SANDALS! No, I'm not the slightest bit interested in the fact that it's 42 degrees outside, so I won't be able to wear them for eleventy billion years. I have sandals, dammit! And they're not 4-inch hootchie cork wedge sandals either! (Note to teenage girls, none of whom would read my blog: Cork wedges looked terrible the first time around.) I'm keeping this as a good news point, even though a silly cow tried to run me over with her cart. What the frig is up with silly cows in Target INSISTING on driving their cart down the shoe aisle when I'm trying on shoes?? GO AROUND, SILLY COWS!

Good news item #2
After Target, I stopped at the grocery store for lunch and found my Berryblossom White tea! I thought it was discontinued! Bless you, Tazo.

Good news item #3
Season 2 of The Riches premieres tonight! Eddie! Yes, I will forget to record it since I always forget to record stuff, so I likely won't ever keep up with season 2, but this just reminds me that I have Eddie tickets, which makes me happy.

Good news item #4
I just received Shakespeare Retold from the library. Wait, is that the title? Crap! Quality of memory will not be listed as a good news item. Anyway, it's a BBC set of new takes on Shakespeare. I watched one with James McAvoy as MacBeth! Except in this version McAvoy was the head chef in a celeb chef's restaurant, said celeb chef taking all the glory for Joe MacBeth's hard work. What's her dink from MI-5 played Lady MacBeth...well, oh crap I forgot what they named her. How happy was I! Will likely watch the new take on Much Ado About Nothing this evening. They're fun. They're not just modern stagings, they're complete re-writes. No iambic pentameter or "is this a dagger I see before me?" AND the MacBeth witches were changed to garbage men. I loved it. Then again, I am a total dork.

No comments: