Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I see famous people

Snapshots of the day:

*Trying to stay awake during a snoooooooooooozer of a seminar, for which I had to get out of bed at stupid o'clock in order to hitch a ride with Viking Husband (V.H.) since it didn't make sense for both of us to drive downtown.

*Cutting out of seminar during the 3:00-ish break before I went stark raving mad from the repetition. Decided I needed a snack! Walked down to Pike Place to buy pain au chocolat at Le Panier.

*Shoving pain au chocolat in my face while walking along wondering why there's a crowd of onlookers at the intersection where Pike meets the park. Notice cops all around. Perhaps something violent and exciting has occurred! Then see large lighting equipment and cameras. Hear "there she is!" and brain goes click, click, click and recalls some comment on last night's news about Jennifer Aniston being in Seattle.

*Lo and behold, catch sight of (teeny tiny!) Jennifer Aniston while continuing shove pastry in mouth. Must call V.H. to report exciting news, but don't want anyone to hear me being a dork (so Seattle of me). Plus, am not willing to free hand from pain au chocolat.

*Continue to walk around through Market, enjoying the lack of crowds. See familiar man walking toward me. "Who is that? I know him. Who? Who?" Brain begins to catalog all men known to me...then perhaps men on local TV station? "I KNOW HIM! WHO??" Brain hears man speak to woman with him, and brain exclaims, "Holy crap, that's Aaron Eckhart!" Luckily, brain does not transfer exclamation to mouth.

*Aaron Eckhart v. good looking in-person...but shorter than I'd expected. Aren't they all!

*Call V.H. with exciting news. Call sister with exciting news. Crap phone battery almost dead; can't call anyone else with exciting news.

*Waiting for V.H. in lobby of his building. Exclaim, "Honey, I saw Aaron Eckhart!!" Lobby echoes. Loudly. Hoping others exiting building don't work with V.H.

*Finished very healthy Taco Time dinner. Am now hunting for chocolate.

No comments: