Monday, March 10, 2008

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do, too...if they have a gun.

We have tickets for Eddie Izzard at the Paramount in July! Wheeeee!!

Yesterday we toured Roman Art from the Louvre at Seattle Art Museum. Spectacular! It was a huge collection, much more than I expected. I figured there'd be a few statues in one gallery, but there were multiple galleries with, yes, lots of statues, but also reliefs, sarcophogi, floor mosaics...so many items. I was wowed. To look at a floor mosaic and realize it was in someone's dining room nearly TWO THOUSAND years ago is just astounding. And the reliefs from Trajan's colisseum blew me away. I'm such a geek, and I loved it!

But we also had signs of spring! Took these photos of the Market (well, the roof of the market to be exact.)







Alright, I started with an Eddie quote, so it only seems appropriate to close with a Roman-themed Eddie quote.

But then the Roman Empire fell like this: "Oh shit." And we went into
what the historians called the Stupid Fucker period. Where everyone
was going, "Errr, I dunno. Is that a Roman road? Can we eat it?" Then
there was the Dark Ages. "I can't even see you! Where are you?"

2 comments:

Vikki said...

OH MY GOD, SHE'S GOING TO SEE EDDIE IZZARD!!!

...is what I proclaimed at top of lungs with envious glee. Then, husband googled his tour dates, and HE'S COMING HERE ON THE 20TH OF MAY!!!

“And the National Rifle Association says that, 'Guns don't kill people, people do,' but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, 'Bang!' That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to be really dodgy on the heart to have that…”

Amy said...

Go see Eddie! Who knows when he'll tour again.

I should keep an eye out for Kathy Griffin's next tour and plan a trip around it. We would have to go see her together! (And husbands never care that much about her!)