Thursday, January 22, 2009

drive-by update

Still have not recovered from the regime change. Watching NBC News tonight and seeing Obama standing at the Presidential podium with Hillary standing to next to him made me "OH MY GOD, THIS IS REAL!" My heart swelled with glee and relief.

We've been completely fogged in since Monday night. Am waiting for the ghost ship or gigantic experimental bugs to show up any minute.

I have too much stuff to do.

Microsoft is laying off 5,000 people. Oy. Am worried about the HR girls I know over there, as their department no doubt will get slashed.

Had a very strange dream where I was visiting my sister, and Jason Isaacs was staying at her house, too. He was having a conversation with me about how he wondered when Google nerds would invent a locating program for women since nerds clearly needed women. I told him that functional nerds like us would indeed need real relationships, but that I thought that uber nerds would likely rather build fembots.

I have named my treadmill Lucius (well, Looshus, actually). It wears only black and silver, it mocks me daily, it is clearly trying to kill me, and it has a strange scuff on it that looks suspiciously like a Dark Mark.

Want to eat cookies, but should get on Looshus instead.

Okay, that sounded bad.

Or maybe not bad.

Gonna go now.

6 comments:

Ray Veen said...

How does your husband feel about Looshus? Jealous? I know if Cindy was doing that, I'd be jealous.

Vikki said...

G'head. Eat the cookies! You know you want to....

My treadmill's name is Hurtius Maximus. Or Lucifer, depending on how my runs go.

Amy said...

My husband just gives me a funny look about it since he's not a Harry Potter nerd, so the entire Death Eater analogy is lost on him. Now, if I named it Bono, he might be jealous.

I did indeed eat the cookies! Hurtius Maximus is a fine name for a treadmill. Especially when it just starts to incline against your will. Those programmed workouts are, indeed, Luciferious.

Elizabeth said...

We have the SAME fog issues!
I love the fog, must admit.
I love moody weather.

Tracey said...

I wish I had a Looshus. Instead I have to hit the pavement. Not too appealing when there's almost five feet of snow in the yard and it's zero degrees out. I guess I'll just have to eat the cookies. Running be damned.

Sarah J Clark said...

After being on the road for a week I desperately need to get on a good Looshus. ;)