Friday, January 16, 2009

I take issue

I just joined www.sparkpeople.com, which is a fabulous fitness/wellness site. BUT their first e-newsletter is annoying me. The article starts:

Wake Up Naturally to a More Energized Day
Small Changes, Real BIG Energy
7:00 a.m.: An infuriating alarm jolts you awake.
7:30 a.m.: After three snooze delays you finally turn it off and force yourself to jump out of bed.
8:15 a.m.: Two cups of coffee later, you're stuck in maddening morning traffic.
2:30 p.m.: You practically fall asleep at your desk


Um, WHO gets to sleep in til 7:00 am on a workday and then not get out of bed til 7:30? And WHO can be sitting in traffic at 8:15 am and not be late for work.

If you’re going to give me advice, then you’d better be realistic. Something like:

5:00 am: Your husband’s infuriating alarm jolts you awake.
5:09 am: Your husband’s infuriating alarm jolts you awake again.
5:18 am: And again
5:27 am: You finally groan at your husband to turn off the damn alarm and get his butt up, cursing the man who invented the snooze button in the first place because you were having a promising dream about Jason Isaacs.
6:00 am: Your own infuriating alarm jolts you awake, interrupting a new dream about someone having rearranged your desk at work because your subconscious is just that cruel and couldn’t possibly let you hang out with Jason again.
6:15 am: Your husband leaves for work, so you finally drag your sorry ass out of bed.
6:20 am: You realize you’re still sitting on the edge of the bed.
6:27 am: You finally get in the shower.
7:15 am: You’re finally ready to leave the house.
7:16 am: You run back into the house because you left your tea sitting on the kitchen counter.
7:30 am: You get to work totally grumpy and will never admit that you’re lucky to have a short commute.
7:45 am: You’re still checking email and trying to figure out what you did with your iPod.
10:00 am: You wonder why it isn’t time for lunch yet.
2:30 pm: You practically fall asleep at your desk.

Now that is a morning in a real life. Not this laze about til 7:30 crap.

TGIF!!

5 comments:

Vikki said...

At least your alarm has a snooze button! My alarm goes, "MOMMY, THE SUN IS UP! MOMMY, THE SUN IS UP!" and then bounds into my room and puts toys on my head until I agree to get up.

Ray Veen said...

Ooo, let me complain -- I have to get up four hours after I go to sleep so that I can get my kids off to school. Then, if I'm lucky, I get to go back to bed for two more hours.

Anonymous said...

This is why one works third shift.

Elizabeth said...

Uh, so very correct. You should send it back to them, your version.

Tracey said...

You forgot the part about catering to the demanding children who will not allow you more than two minutes to shower and eat in peace (actually the shower usually involves an audience).