Tuesday, January 27, 2009

will work for chocolate

I just looked at my 401(k) balance.

OH MY GAWD

I've been purposely avoiding it. It does me no good. But we switched vendors, so I had to log on to make sure our online accounts were working. Et, voila, my balance immediately popped up on the screen.

I suppose the good news is that since it is a new vendor, I won't see any history on my quarterly statements, so I can forget all about the money I've lost.

And I'm sure I'm poised for vast riches once it does come back. We really have no choice right now but to buy low, right?

Steven Colbert is right. Bears are the greatest threat to America. COME ON, BULL MARKET!

Wah.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Fortunately my DH has a great pension plan through his work, but I've lost some and my dad has taken a pretty big hit on his retirement savings. Hopefully all of this government stimulus will actually stimulate something. It's depressing out there.

Ray Veen said...

I don't get it, but you seem like a smart lady, so I agree with you.

Vikki said...

Eeek! I know, it's so bad. I looked at our IRA the other day and almost threw up. I won't even tell Chris. He'll just start twitching.

Anonymous said...

My 401k is imaginary...