Thursday, January 29, 2009

here's what I think

I think that Travelzoo sending me links to $45/night rooms at nice hotels on the Vegas Strip qualifies and cruel and unusual punishment.

I think that chocolate shouldn’t make anybody fat.

I think that the Republicans in Congress need to live out in the real world for a while before they start bitching about COBRA premium subsidies being unnecessary spending. I’d also like to remind them that they had their chance fix the economy and gave a gazillion dollars to banks with no requirements that the banks actually lend the money.

I think that the Republicans in the Washington state Senate need to live out in the real world for a while before they start bitching about how expanding unemployment assistance is unnecessary spending.

I think that companies who knowingly sell salmonella peanut butter to school children should be tried as criminals.

I think that raging-indies who cheer about the Starbucks stores near them closing up should be laid off, too, so they know what those Starbucks employees are going through.

I think that Lucius Malfoy is smokin’ hawt, and Ginny probably didn’t mind being Tom Riddle’s minion for a little while since he was totally cute then, so no harm, no foul with that minor diary incident. Lucius was probably doing her a favor, really.

I think that I really, really need to see the Fanboys movie that opens next Friday.

I think that my sister and I need to live in the same state.

I think that my friends and I need to live in the same state.

I think that Oprah is incredibly annoying, and I have no interest in hearing about how she forgot to find joy in her daily life since she’s a gazillionaire who will never have to worry about losing her health insurance or paying her bills if she becomes unemployed.

I think that it’s okay to watch Oprah when Bono, Stacy London, or Nate Berkus are on her show.

I think that I really like to be home in my jammies right now.

I think that Tim Gunn should show up at my tacky old house and offer to buy me a new wardrobe.

I think that HGTV or Nate should show up at my tacky old house and remodel it for me. Preferably before Tim shows up.

I think that it was really dumb of me to schedule a dentist appointment for 4:00 tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

I think that my husband is really awesome.

I think that I will be really glad once this week (and my dentist appointment) are over.

4 comments:

Ray Veen said...

I think I got you figured out.

(not really, just sounded good tacked on to the end of your post.)

Vikki said...

I think you are so right!!!!!!! About all of it. Especially that chocolate thing. Oh, and us living in the same state. That would be very good.

Elizabeth said...

It's good to have an opinion.Though I don't agree on the Oprah thing. But I too have an awesome husband. So Cheers to that!

Sarah J Clark said...

Preach it, sister!