Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bah humbug

This ranks as Worst Christmas Ever! We got some very sad news from my mother-in-law on Tuesday that one of my brother-in-law's 2 month-old twins died on Monday. On a personal level, I'm more worried for my mother-in-law and father-in-law since I actually know them much better (I've only been around my BIL and his family a few times), and they've already maxed themselves out looking after the older two children for the past few months. Plus, these kids are their only grandchildren.

And while I really have no room to complain given what they're going through, I'm bored out of my skull! We're snowed in again, got another 4 inches last night and it's been snowing heavily all morning. We'd thought we might try to go out for Chinese since we had to postpone the festivities due to weather. But now we're just stuck at home watching bad TV and eating the remnants of what we have left in the house.

So yeah, Merry Christmas and whatever. I just put Bailey's in my coffee so I wouldn't go completely wacko.

But I thought our lights looked pretty buried in the snow, so I took a picture!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow that really sucks about the baby. Were they out of the hospital? Preemies? What a terrible thing to live through. I agree, terrible Xmas. Blah.

Sarah J Clark said...

My cousin lost her infant to SIDS this year. It was terrible. I'm sorry for your family's loss. It's a horrific tragedy. May 2009 bring new, brighter blessings.

Be well.

xo

Amy said...

The babies were actually a bit late and both seemingly healthy, at appropriate weight, and only in the hospital the usual 48 hours. They didn't find any respiratory issues on her, so they're doing viral tests now.

I suppose it's a good thing they were all still up here near family (they actually live in an isolated town in New Mexico but came up here for the birth in October).

Ray Veen said...

Yeah, dem lights are purty.

And humbug-wise, I'd say skip the coffee and drink the Baileys straight. Or over ice. You've got some extra ice around, right?