Monday, December 22, 2008

going KOO KOO

Trapped again.

Still trapped.

Still cold.

No melting coming. May have to cancel Christmas since no one will be able to get here if the roads don't clear.

Trappedgoingwackocan'tgetoutwillnotsurvivewithsanityintactsincedidn'thavemuchsanitytobeginwith.

Am now starting to clean out junk drawers. You know that life has become completely desperate when you take to cleaning out the junk drawers. Although this is probably a bad idea since it's garbage day, yet the garbage truck didn't come and nobody knows when it will return. So I have nicely sorted junk but no empty can in which to toss it.

Hubby's office is closed so at least he's home guilt-free. My office is open - we're like the postal service that way - so I fester in my guilt, even though I know I'd get stuck trying to get there and my boss already told me not to worry about it.

We have resorted to using the margarita salt on the front steps. I'm sure this must be a crime against all that is right and good in the universe. Margarita salt to combat snow and ice instead of on the rim of a glass? What perverse world have we fallen into?

We do have a genius plan for attempting to walk to McDonald's for lunch so we don't go stark raving mad. Yes, you know I live in harrowing times if I'm actually willing to walk to McDonald's for any reason at all since I don't actually eat burgers, let alone walk there on snowy sidewalks sans snow boots (note to self: buy snow shovel AND snow boots some day). But super-sized fries would pretty much make my day at this point. And if nothing else, there's a STARBUCKS in the Safeway next door.

5 comments:

Sarah J Clark said...

The margarita salt? NOOOOO!

Vikki said...

Okay, I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing that you're using margarita salt on your front steps. Is it colored, like the fancy stuff you get at Crate & Barrel?

I can't believe they haven't plowed your sub. It's not like you live in the sticks. I think the city needs to stop focusing on putting a Starbucks at every corner and buy a couple freakin' snow plows instead!

Ray Veen said...

Good news. My buddy just got a plow truck. Want me to have him stop by?

Elizabeth said...

I will pray to the margarita gods to forgive you... you don't want coal in your stocking!

Amy said...

No, it is NOT the colored salt! Just plain grocery store margarita salt. Although it would be funny to have green salt on the ice.

This is even more dumb, the big hill that they made even bigger when they put in the freeway overpass has been semi-plowed but not sanded. Um, hello! People are backsliding once they get stopped by the traffic light since it was all compact snow and ice under the newly fallen stuff.

But our neighborhood is unincorporated, so the city really doesn't give a crap about us! (Especially since they don't seem to care about their own!)

Yes, please, somebody stop by with a plow.

And I hadn't even considered the offense caused to the margarita gods! This can only end in tears.