Sunday, December 21, 2008

I see stupid people

On what planet would anyone think that driving with chains on the de-iced, plowed freeway was a good idea?

Yeah, I get that they can't get back to their houses without chains. We're pretty much trapped at home at the moment, too. But going 50 on the freeways with chains on your minivan? Really, people. There were vehicles all along the side of the freeway, not because of ice, but because they blew out their tires with the chains.

And how come they're always minivans? Another chained minivan parked RIGHT on top of me yesterday at the library. You couldn't see where the parking spaces were, so I just sorta guessed. And this silly cow with her dumb chains on her dumb minivan sardined right next to me.

Oy! I'm not sure what's more annoying, being trapped by snow or dealing with the STOOPID once you can actually drive around.

Plus, I have to go to Target. But I can't go. What is a Sunday without a trip to Target? I'm starting to twitch from the Target withdrawal.

Oh well! Better to be trapped at home than at the airport for the past two days.

6 comments:

Sarah J Clark said...

Avoid Target at all cost. I tried to go yesterday and gave up. NO PARKING. Anywhere.

Solution: shop online.

Elizabeth said...

Trapped at home is made even more challenging by 2 small kids. One can only play in the snow for so long and then....??????

Vikki said...

Drink. HEAVILY! It'll be spring when you wake up, I promise.

Tracey said...

How about being trapped in a motel 'cause the highways are closed? That's where we are right now. Seriously. (you'll read about it in all of my comments because I'm just excited that we at least have wireless here).

Anonymous said...

Shooting people who drive minivans is wrong.

You should use a broadsword. It's better exercise and you can say you're giving them a fighting chance.

Amy said...

Sarah - I would give my right arm to be able to make it to Target at this point, parking or not parking. Or at least my left arm. I should keep the right one for shooting V in his minivan.

Elizabeth - Your comment reminds me of something Vivi said to me yesterday I was complaining about running out of things to do while trapped at home. She said, "You know what you need? You need a child!"

Ms. Alden - Would also give left arm for some Bailey's in the house. Mom suggested I bake cookies today and eat them all while drinking spiked coffee. Clearly, we come from a proud line of people with their priorities straight.

Tracey - I hope you were able to get out of the motel today!! You win the prize for Suckiest Snowbound Experience!

V - I promise not to shoot you. I'll use a broadsword per the singing blackbird's suggestion. Although with left arm given for Target and alcohol, I probably lose my balance so no worries.

Blackbird - That's the best suggestion I've heard all day...aside from the cookies and spiked coffee bit!