Thursday, December 18, 2008

stranded

Dude, it's snowing AGAIN. We were in this nice shadow of the mountains yesterday, and it was snowing like crazy about 30 minutes south and north of us where they got close to a foot of snow. When I left work last night, it was about 37 degrees and drizzling. When I got home - a mere 3 miles north - it was snowing like crazy. Yay.

And it's still going. It's not really deep, maybe 2 to 3 inches, but everything is icy. My valiant husband tried to go to work this morning, but had to get off the freeway and make his way back home since nobody could keep their cars straight with the snow, and there were all sorts of spinouts and jacknifed buses & semis.

I told him not to go out there, but he's much more brave than I am! (Or maybe he was just scared I'd make him watch Mamma Mia if he didn't try and go to work.) But I think the news of 10-mile backups on 405 and 17-mile backups on I-5 have convinced him to just park it here for the day.

So I suppose I should be productive while stuck at home. Do things like clean the bathrooms and dig out the guest room.

But that might mean I'd have to get off my arse.

6 comments:

Ray Veen said...

I know what I'd do if my wife and I were snowed in alone.

Wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

Vikki said...

...and by wink-wink, nudge-nudge, he means they'd build robots.

I think mother nature is dropping acid or something. Though, everything is completely normal here. Huge snowstorm predicted tonight, 6-12 inches. Good thing we just bought a new sled. And massive amounts of beer, wine and Baileys.

Amy said...

I KNEW V was talking about robots!

Some asshat in a Honda was flying down our street and started to go sideways when his tires started spinning on the ice (hello, you can't see any asphalt, asshat!) He ended up on the sidewalk. So we decided to stay right here at home. I know we can drive in it, but there are too many, yes, ASSHATS driving in it, too.

So hubby walked down to Trader Joe's and brought back Mac & Cheese, muffins, candy cane Jo-Jo's (their version of the Oreo), chips, and hummus. We are so prepared for the winter elements.

And, naturally, we are stocked with wine and beer!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that Michigan radio stations everywhere (everywhere in Michigan, that is) are laughing at you.

Amy said...

Michigan radio stations can laugh at us all they want! There still aren't any hills in Michigan.

Sarah J Clark said...

Remember, when as kids, snow days were wished for. Sheesh. How times change!