Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The New Year Survey

1. Will you be looking for a new job?
God, I hope not.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
No. Even if Erik dumped me (which he wouldn't...and if he did, he'd be dead), I've already trained one husband. I don't have the energy to train another one.

3. New house?
Of course. I'm going to win the HGTV Dream House, of course. (And then I'll have to sell it in order to pay the taxes on it.)

4. What will you do different in 2009?
Get on that damn treadmill!

5. New Year's resolution?
I never make them, but we bought the damn treadmill, so I will be getting on the damn treadmill.

6. What will you not be doing in 2009?
Uhhh...? Marrying Clive Owen?

7. Any trips planned?
No, but I'm hopeful for a Vegas trip and at least one Michigan trip. If we keep our jobs, I'll plan for two Michigan trips (provided my sister doesn't make me sleep on her treadmill).

8. Wedding plans?
Not my own!

9. What's on your calendar?
I don't know. I am a firm believer in never putting up the new calendar until January 1.

10. What can't you wait for?
I'm stealng from my friend, Carol, since it's spot on: George W. Bush moving the fuck out of the White House.

11. What would you like to see happen different?
Smart people running this country who actually want to do the right thing.

12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Hopefully a reduction to my muffin top.

13. What happened in '08 that you didn't think would ever happen?
Such deep layoffs.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Do I need to be nicer? I always try to be nice (unless they don't deserve it *g*)

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 08?
Not drastically.

16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I will never quit drinking.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
It's already fine, I think.

18. Will you do charity work?
I always do. Typically once per quarter.

19. Will you go to bars?
Of course! I often eat in the bar now that smoking is banned. You always get your food faster and aren't disturbed by screaming children. And pubs always have the best food (not best for the muffin top, but oh well)

20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
Yes. I always am (unless they give me road rage).

21. Do you expect 2009 to be a good year for you?
I'd like to think so!

22. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
I sure learned a lot, but I'm not sure it's entirely quantifiable.

23. Do you plan on having a child?
Nope. That ship has sailed.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so!

25. Major lifestyle changes?
I can't say that I have any kind of serious lifestyle, so the only thing that would be major would be a job loss for either of us, and we'll hope to heck that doesn't happen.

26. Will you be moving?
I'll at least spend a nice vacation in my HGTV Dream House in Sonoma, California. Other than that, I don't think so.

27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in 2009 that happened in '08?
I won't eat a whole pan of brownies in a weekend.

Right, who am I kidding?


28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
I'm quite sure I'll be asleep before midnight since we're doing our postponed Christmas on New Year's Day.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
I've already warned my husband not to wake me at midnight just to tell me that it's January, and he simply replied with an evil cackle.

30. Wish for 2009?
Job security for both of us!

2 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Here's wishing for job security and free houses as well, for you, as you wished, I'm sort of wishing alongside you, with a...

You know what I mean.

Elizabeth said...

"Of course! I often eat in the bar now that smoking is banned. You always get your food faster and aren't disturbed by screaming children. And pubs always have the best food (not best for the muffin top, but oh well)"

What's wrong with eating in a room with screaming children? Just give them beer, it shuts them up.

And don't worry about your muffin top, they are the new abs of the future! Show them with pride.


Ps I'll be ringing in the new year with you in deep slumber.