Monday, December 29, 2008

good samaritans and stupid heads

One of our neighbors has been shoveling our street ALL afternoon. It was raining like crazy today, but as compact as the snow was from NEVER BEING PLOWED, it just wasn't melting and was creating giant pits of frozen quick sand that was very difficult to drive through. My husband has been out there for the past few days with his shovel hacking all this stuff to break it up and get as much off the road as possible.

And then the good samaritan neighbor did his good dead, out there with his garden shovel, moving all this gunk to the side of the street so we could all function as normal Seattle drivers again.

Not FIVE minutes after he was finished with this stretch of road, a freaking snow plow came through!

I heard this very loud rumbling and ran to the window because I could not believe that they'd have the nerve to send a plow through at this point when we'd already done all their work for them! In fact, I ran down and opened the front door to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, and exclaimed, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Yes, I know they never heard me, but it wasn't a planned exclamation. It simply erupted out of incredulity.

Stupid heads.

In other news, I have a cold now. How I caught a cold, I've no idea, since I haven't been able to leave the house in 500 years.

Actually, we actually left the house yesterday for a GLORIOUS (seriously) trip to Target and then to Border. We concluded by stuffing our pie holes at Claim Jumper.

But I've had a sore throat for 3 days, so I'm guessing it's some sort of alien DNA because I haven't actually had contact with another human being aside from my husband in quite some time. And he's not sick. Unless he's the alien. It's possible. He does like halvah and sardines (separately).

So I actually spent most of the day at home (aside from yelling at the snow plow and chasing after our recycle bin that blew away). I decided it was good opportunity to watch The Patriot. Only the Tavington scenes, of course, since the film is complete crap aside from his smokin' hawtness. Jason Isaacs needs to play another bad guy!

That is all for now.

3 comments:

Vikki said...

LOLing. I'm sorry, I know it's not funny, but that whole shoveling the street and then the plow finally coming through is a bit of a Simpsons moment. Heehee....


Ugh...Claim Jumper. The mere mention of that place gives me instant morning sickness flashbacks. Bla! (but Tavington scenes from The Patriot...yum, yum!!)

Ray Veen said...

Freaking snow plows. There were several days in the last few weeks that I wouldn't have made it to work if one of my neighbors hadn't driven his plow rig down our dirt road.

And I work in surgery -- the one industry that actually gets busier during snowstorms.

Amy said...

It is funny in hindsight. Although I can't really figure out what they actually plowed since all the intersections north of us have big stacks of snow in the middle of them.

Sorry for the flashback. We don't normally eat there, but I was STARVING and wanted a sandwich with bacon on it!

Frankly, I think we should all move to Hawaii and then we won't have to worry about snow interfering with our social lives or our jobs (the former being paramount, naturally).