Sunday, December 14, 2008

First flight to Vegas, please

It snowed last night.

Not only did it snow last night, but it's 30 degrees and windy and is supposed to be in the TWENTIES for the rest of the week. And then maybe snow again on Thursday.

That's not okay with me, man! If I wanted cold and snow, I'd move east.

Here's the deal. I live in the Seattle area. We're one giant hill. Actually, we're a bunch of hills. So imagine living on a hill and nobody comes to plow or even sand.

This is why I hate snow!

That said, nothing can deter me from going to Target, which is exactly what I did this morning! Plus, you can always count on the freeways being clear since they spray all that de-icer chemical that kills fishies or something.

But the upside is that I can finally wear my wool coat that I bought at Nordstrom in July! Yeah yeah, I heard all about my craziness when it was 85 degrees, but who's the crazy one now, eh?

Okay yeah, it's still me. Whatever.

And I can finally wear my boots. I hope my sister doesn't kill me for buying boots. But they're not UGG boots. I have enough sense not to buy those. But they're still kinda butch.

C'mon, sissy, you know that the cankles prevent wearing really cool boots. So I ended up with butchier boots. They're sort of equestrian-y. And they keep my legs warm.

I hear her chastising me from afar.

But they don't look like wearing slippers in public. I swear!

5 comments:

Vikki said...

Ummm...I accidentally left the house in my slippers on Saturday night.

No, I'm not kidding.

I didn't realize it until I stepped out of the car in the parking lot of our uber-hip, hot spot destination. I looked like a complete and utter dumbass.

So, I have absolutely no room to chastise you for your comfy butch boots.

Sarah J Clark said...

Wearing slippers in public: Hilarious.

Snow: Not fun.

Kansas City: 50 degree drop in temps yesterday within hours. Boo.

Ugg boots: Double boo.

Staying warm: YES. I heart legwarmers.

xo!

Ray Veen said...

I'd totally wear slippers in public if I could. For a while I thought pajama pants were gonna be the new jeans, but no.

I'm just tired of gettting dressed I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing at you because I live in Michigan and it's always like that. Normally we have good snowplowing here, but the whole state is bankrupt, so not so much this year.

Elizabeth said...

Hey I live in your hemisphere. You're cool in my books sister.